I have built a PC with Win 2k Server that has two nic's in it. I have one nic coming in from a cable modem and the other out to a hub. I have two 98 machines going into the hub for data transfer and sharing the internet. I am able to share the internet but unable to view data on the server from the 98 machines. When I go from 98 to the Server it ask me for a password. the resource \\HOME\IPC$ the it wants the password I tried the Admin password to the server and 98 box but nothing. I have not set any other passwords on the Server. Can someone please point out what I am doing wrong? Thank you for your help.
1. RE: Win 2000 Server lbyard Jun-07-01 04:42 PM In response to message 0
5. RE: Win 2000 Server rsierra Jun-07-01 10:04 PM In response to message 4
Thank you Larry,
I was unable to get this to work the option that they ask for are different on Win2k Server.
Any other ideas for me?
6. RE: Win 2000 Server lbyard Jun-08-01 12:40 PM In response to message 5
Are you logging into the domain from the clients? Larry
7. RE: Win 2000 Server rsierra Jun-08-01 02:28 PM In response to message 6
I have a workgroup set up but not a domain. I am not sure how to go about doing that. Is there any way you can assist me?
8. RE: Win 2000 Server lbyard Jun-09-01 09:32 PM In response to message 7
Well, you have to setup accounts on the server for each user. On the 98 machines you can set-up the domain login with Start, Setting, Control Panel, Network, select Clinet for Microsoft Networks, Properties, Check Login into Windows NT Domain, and enter the domain name in the box. Larry
9. RE: Win 2000 Server rsierra Jun-13-01 11:33 PM In response to message 8
I rebuilt the OS on this box. Can you tell me how to create domain on a Win2k Pro box?
10. RE: Win 2000 Server lbyard Jun-14-01 02:36 PM In response to message 9
Note subject line?? You can't. You need Win 2K server to setup a domain controller. Do you have a server on the network? Letís go back a couple of posts. Did you try this http://duxcw.com/faq/network/2kshare.htm. Larry
11. RE: Win 2000 Server rsierra Jun-14-01 02:50 PM In response to message 10
Larry I have tried this and I am still getting
the box that ask me to supply a password to make the connection.
resource \\box\IPC$ password _____________
this is when I try to browse the Win2k box from the 98 box.
12. RE: Win 2000 Server mac Sep-25-01 10:35 PM In response to message 11
Is this the case that you would need to add the user off 98 station to user list of win2k box ?
or a non-recommended solution would be to add a guest user to win2k box (security issues)