Site Search

Site Info

Home » Forums » Forum Archives » Networking and Internet Sharing » Topic # 67

need help with a connection
raydenma May-16-00 03:28 AM
i have a notebook with etherlink III(no cable) and a PC. i want to know which cable (name or model) do i have to use to make a network, without hub if is posible, andwhere can i buy it.
thanx in advance for any help!!

1. RE: need help with a connection
lbyard May-16-00 01:23 PM
In response to message 0
You need a crossover cable, a network adpater for the PC, and no hub. You can buy them from us (and elsewhere). Click Products & Prices. You could buy a 3-COM adapter for the PC, but a D-Link 530TX+ should work just fine. Larry

2. RE: need help with a connection
raydenma May-16-00 02:31 PM
In response to message 1
Thanx any way! but i have a 3Com Etherlink III lan PC car 3C589D-TP for the notebook and 3Com Fast Etherlink PCI 10/100 for the PC, i only need which cable i have to use, if can be crossover better, but need model and where.
Thanx a lot in advance!!

3. RE: need help with a connection
anime2k Jul-08-00 10:32 PM
In response to message 2
the model is CAT5 Crossover Cable, 6 FT on this page:

you can also buy them at most circuit city stores @ $5 for 10 feet

| Home | Guides | How to | Reviews | Online Store | FAQ | Forums | Forum Archives |
| Links | News | Newsletter | About Dux | Advertising | Contact Info | Privacy |