| » » » » Home Networking Problem|
BlackLS1Z Jan-27-01 09:36 PM
I have a problem getting my 2 computers seeing each other. they are both connected to a hub and both can get to the interent no problem through my cable modem. Why can't I see the other computer? I have tcp/ip, netbeui and IPX/SPX setup on both computers. One computer is running ME and the other is running 95. Anyone have any suggestions on getting the computers to see each other? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
1. RE: Home Networking Problem
lbyard Jan-27-01 10:59 PM
In response to message 0
The following requirements must be met to browse Network Neighborhood/My Network Places:
1. You must login to Windows or the Microsoft Client for Windows.
2. A unique computer name must be specified in Network configuration
3. The workgroup name must be specified in Network configuration and should be the same as the other workstations.
4. File and Print Sharing must be installed to see yourself in Network Neighborhood
If File and Print Sharing is not listed in Network Configuration on other peers/workstations then you will not be able to view that machine in Network Neighborhood.
5. If the above requirements have been met, disable or enable Browse Masters. A computer that is infrequently used should not be a Browse Master. There must be at least one Browse Master.
2. RE: Home Networking Problem
BlackLS1Z Jan-28-01 01:52 AM
In response to message 1
I didn't have file and print sharing....DOH! I thought I had it on there but I overlooked it. Thanks for the help.
Guides | How to |
Online Store |
Forums | Forum
| Links |
News | Newsletter |
About Dux |
Advertising | Contact Info |