English isn't my first language so I'll try to be brief.
Abit KT7-Raid motherboard
Geforce 2MX (Asus 7100)
2*128 Mb Ram (Mosel)
JNC 300W power supply
HDs, soundcard and nic have been disconnected.
No video signal. Computer starts, fans run
and before I resetted the bios the disks started and it sounded
like a regular boot but no video. PC-speaker is connected, but no beeps.
Background: Computer has worked fine for over a year, had some problems just after I built it but nothing for over a year.
Was gone for a few days and decided to pull the power cord (computer side), a friend had smoke coming out of his powersupply (same type/version etc) so I didn't wan't to take any chances while I was gone. I got back and plugged it back in but wasn't fast enough and for a couple of tents of a second I got that "nasty" sound you get when not entirely connected.
I've tried most of the stuff in
esp the things under
"Nothing happens when I try to boot, or only fans start. What's wrong?"
Among other things I've tried
1.Different graphic cards (pci) that works on another board without any success.
2.Changed between my memmory sticks, reseated them etc. If they are fried, both are.
3. Changed the pins the cpu fan ran from to others that aren't rpm monitored. (I have a later version bios that allows the fan to be run from other pins altough I'm unsure if it is the latest version)
4. Tried to run the computer with the moterboard completly out of the casing.
5. Reseated the cpu a couple of times.
6. Resetted the bios a couple of times, even removed the battery over night.
7. Checked the motherboard for signs that it was broken.
I think thats it, I hope I didn't forget anything. If anyone could suggest anything to try or if you know where the problem lies please let me know.
Right now I'm thinking that it is either the motherboard or the powersupply thats fried.