Hi I had a usb mouse that was working properly. I had plugged in another usb device in its place. It was one of those gimmick MYSMART mouse type pads from COMP USA. It work fine, but it was just a gimmick deal. So I uninstalled it. Now I can't get my mouse to work when I plug it in. I've uninstalled/reinstalled the usb ports to no avail. Any Help?
1. RE: USB Problem lbyard Oct-24-00 05:16 PM In response to message 0
2. RE: USB Problem skor Oct-25-00 03:33 PM In response to message 1
Tried the microsoft help file, no luck. When I reboot the computer, it seems to know that the mouse is there. Unlike when you reboot with no mouse connected at all. I don't know where to turn from here. I tried to plug in a usb printer and it will not reconize it.
3. RE: USB Problem lbyard Oct-25-00 07:12 PM In response to message 2
If you have not already done so, try going into the Device Manager, double-click the USB Controller, click General, check the Disable in this hardware profile check box, restart Windows, uncheck the previously checked check box, and restart Windows. This should repair the usb.inf file and may fix the problem. Please let me know if this works. Larry
4. RE: USB Problem skor Oct-31-00 04:48 AM In response to message 3
Hi Larry Now if I go into device manage and remove the mouse, reboot, it reconizes the mouse, installs the drivers, at this point I can move the mouse. It seems to work all but the scrolls, the it prompts to reboot. After it reboots the mouse will not work.
5. RE: USB Problem lbyard Oct-31-00 01:55 PM In response to message 4
What is the make and model of the mouse? Larry
6. RE: USB Problem skor Oct-31-00 05:04 PM In response to message 5
It is a A4 Tech 2 wheel, 3 button "left+right+side" Model #wwu-9
7. RE: USB Problem lbyard Oct-31-00 06:44 PM In response to message 6
This mouse comes with software. If you have the software installed, I would uninstall, download the latest version from http://www.a4tech.com.tw/ftp.html, and install it. Larry
8. RE: USB Problem skor Nov-01-00 04:27 AM In response to message 7
THANK YOU. It finally works. Downloaded different software than what I have for the mouse. It's the the same software but it WORKS. Actuall the software is better "more options" that what i have.