“Installing and Uninstalling Printer Software
Q: What do I do if I see a "New Hardware Found" window before I
install my printer software?
A: Cancel the window by clicking on "Do not install a driver" and
then "OK". You cannot install the printer driver software by using
the "New Hardware Found" window.
Q: How do I remove the printer driver from Windows 95/98/NT 4.0?
1. Double-click My Computer, then double-click the Control Panel
2. Double-click Add/Remove Programs. Click EPSON Printer Software in
the program list, then select your EPSON Stylus Photo printer icon.
3. Click the Add/Remove button and follow the instructions.
4. If you're using the USB port, click EPSON USB Printer Devices in
the program list; then click the Add/Remove button.
5. Restart your computer.
Q: How do I install the driver from the EPSON Stylus Photo 870
CD-ROM in Windows 95/98/NT 4.0 with a parallel connection?
- Insert the EPSON printer software CD in your CD-ROM Drive
- Click "Start", Select "Run", and type "D:\Epson.exe" (where D is
your CD-ROM drive letter)
- Then click "OK"
- You will see the License Agreement window. Read the agreement and
- At the last screen, click "Continue" to install your printer
driver and EPSON Monitor3
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the installation
- At the last screen, select "Yes, I want to restart my computer
now" and click "Finish". Your system restarts.
- When the installation is complete, you see the EPSON Digital
PhotoLab main menu, where you can install your bonus software
Your printer software icons will appear in the EPSON folder, your
shortcuts will appear on your desktop and the EPSON Stylus Photo 870
will be set as your default Windows printer.”
You might want to download the drivers instead of using the ones on the CD. They are at http://support.epson.com/hardware/printer/inkjet/pho870/filelibrary.html.
Suggest downloading and installing the VIA USB Filter Driver if your computer’s motherboard has a VIA chipset. The driver is at http://www.viatech.com/drivers/index.htm. Larry