| » » » » connecting two computers with a hub|
george30 Jul-17-02 11:23 AM
i have cable internet connection,I just bought another computer and a hub;when I plug the cable from the modem into the hub and then from the hub to the computers,internet is not working(the ligths from the network cards aren't on);when I'm not using the hub,internet is working(when the cable from the modem goes directly to the network card of one of the computers)
I call the cable company,and they said I have 2 IP adresses and sholdn't be any probelm;
do I have to set up something?
1. RE: connecting two computers with a hub
lbyard Jul-17-02 12:30 PM
In response to message 0
If the LEDs (lights) are working when plugged into the MODEM and not working when plugged into the hub, then likely causes are:
1) the cable is the wrong kind for the hub (most hubs use a straight-thru cable; http://duxcw.com/digest/Howto/network/cable/cable1.htm),
2) the hub isn't working or turned on,
3) the hub has an uplink port and you have a cable plugged into it and another cable plugged into the port adjacent to it (http://duxcw.com/faq/network/uplink.htm).
4) the cable is plugged into the uplink port and there is a switch associated with that is in the wrong position,
5) Or the cable is defective and intermittent.
Guides | How to |
Online Store |
Forums | Forum
| Links |
News | Newsletter |
About Dux |
Advertising | Contact Info |